Host a one-day conference in the South East of England to raise awareness of a cleaner burning alternative to diesel.
- Put on a compelling event that:
- Helps ‘clear the air’ on the subject of alternative fuels in the construction and transport industries
- Positions Certas Energy, partnering with Shell, as a responsible fuel provider offering a solution to the air quality challenge
- Introduces a new entrant into the clean air debate – paraffinic fuels
- Get senior decision makers to take time out to attend the conference
- Nurture prospects to sign-up to product trials
Power in partnerships. Identified and secured seven speakers including representatives from Kent County Council, Kent University, The Road Haulage Association and Shell.
Local engagement. Worked with the sales teams on email outreach, targeted social media advertising and media relations to secure attendance from local businesses faced with pressure to reduce emissions.
Clearing the air through the power of content. Developed series of informative content including blogs, feature articles, Q&As and a LinkedIn SlideShare addressing key themes from the conference.
Bringing it all together. Organised for journalists and prospects to take a tour of the safari park in Certas Energy sponsored trucks. This made the link clear between the chosen venue and the theme in an informing and entertaining way.
- + 60 attendees (target 50)
- 100% of delegates rated the day good (67% excellent)and left feeling more informed
- 4 x sales conversions
- 3 x product trials signed-up as a result of the information provided including a river tour boat operator who has now converted to Shell GTL Fuel
- 1 x hot lead generated (and converted) from LinkedIn
- 167 click throughs to LinkedIn sponsored content and 41 engagements (likes, comments, shares)
- 50 tweets on the day with a total of 6,180 impressions, 11 retweets and 1.1% engagement rate (the median across all industries is 0.046%*)
- 6 pieces of coverage with a double page spread in Fuel Oil News
Delegate comment from a survey ran post-event:
“Very informative. For someone that has no idea about different fuels and their effects, I came away feeling rather confident on the subject.”
*2018 Social Media Industry Benchmark Report published by social media analytics company, Rival IQ, April 2018