With over 194 stores nationwide, Dulux Decorator Centre is the largest decorating merchant network offering the widest choice of products from leading suppliers.
Tasked with a series of engaging store openings, the following activity is from Bury St Edmunds which was implemented over a four week period in April/May 2018.
- To drive awareness of the new store among local tradespeople
- To celebrate the official opening and drive anticipation of meeting the Dulux Dog
- To obtain at least two pieces of local press coverage
- Pre event press release in local media with details of the official opening day activity
- Arranged for the local Mayor to officially cut the ribbon to open the store
- Identified, coordinated and delivered £500 paint donation to local good cause – Hearing Dogs for the Deaf
- Secure opportunity for the Dulux Dog to officially start the local Great British Dog Walk in Bury St Edmunds the week after the store opened
- Issued post event press release and photograph after both events
- Six pieces of coverage – two pre opening, two post opening and two on Great British Dog walk coverage
- Total reach: 816,313
- Achieved strong key messages in all pieces of coverage
- Well attended and smooth execution of opening day event