As the Covid-19 lockdown hit, UK tile manufacturer Johnson Tiles (JT) needed to stay connected with the architect & design (A&D) community.
- Keep Johnson Tiles front-of-mind during the lockdown and engage with the A&D community
- Provide the sales team with content & reasons to stay in touch
Hattrick created an Instagram-led collaborative campaign – the #2020TileTapestry – to capture this historical moment in time in support of housing charity Shelter.
The A&Ds were asked to create a square design using JT tiles to celebrate heart-warming moments during the pandemic. For every entry received, JT made a donation to the charity with each design incorporated into the legacy art piece; #2020TileTapestry.
- 1,000 A&Ds visited project microsite
- 76 sign-ups
- 540% increase in website referrals from social media
- 300+ hours of engagement with campaign for participants
- 530 engagements from 8 posts on Instagram
- 40 completed entries shared on social channels (target 25)
- £4,560 donation to Shelter (target £1,425)
- Data capture and database growth
- A topical and heartfelt story helped them communicate without being ‘too commercial’ at a time when conventional sales communications were shut down
- Each participant received a personalised poster as a ‘thank you’ for taking part, providing another opportunity to ‘get in touch’
- A timely visual brochure showcasing key tile products alongside the #2020TileTapestry entries and stories was also created and distributed to a wider A&D community
“Hattrick’s creative approach engaged a community that was hard-hit by COVID to create a celebratory, collaborative art piece that perfectly captures what we are about as a brand – all while supporting our sales team’s nurturing efforts. The response has been phenomenal!”
Richard Kelsall, Marketing Director at Johnson Tiles